The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) is the only international non-profit, non-governmental organization that promotes sustainable forest management through independent third-party certification. PEFC is the only international forest program standard based on internationally recognized government conventions and guidelines. To obtain PEFC certification for wood products (such as furniture, paper, etc.), they must meet the high standards set by the organization. Throughout the entire process from the forest to the end consumer, the wood must be strictly monitored and documented to prove its origin, which is known as the Chain of Custody certification (CoC).
How to obtain PEFC certification?
To become certified under the PEFC system, a country must first establish a national certification system that has been approved by PEFC. Under such PEFC-endorsed certification schemes, certified entities/companies are allowed to use the PEFC logo.
Why is it important to obtain PEFC certification?
1. Demonstrate ethical business practices
Document the sustainability of wood sources, so customers do not have to worry about the wood they use causing harm to forests.
2. Enable consumers to make responsible purchasing decisions
3. Enhance brand image
4. Access new markets
PEFC's mission is to provide a framework for the development and mutual recognition of national or sub-national forest certification programs based on internationally recognized sustainable forest management requirements. It offers a mechanism for the procurement of wood and paper products that are considered to promote sustainable development, contributing to environmentally, socially, and economically viable forest management for current generations.
PEFC's main activities and tasks include:
1. Establishing minimum requirements and frameworks for the development of national/regional (sub-national) forest programs.
2. Evaluating and endorsing (mutually recognizing) national/regional forest certification programs.
3. Managing the rights to use PEFC.
4. Promoting the mutual recognition of PEFC certification, sustainable forest management, and sustainable use of wood.
PEFC's international standards
Maintain and enhance forest resources and their contribution to the global carbon cycle.
1. Maintain the health and productivity of forest ecosystems.
2. Maintain and enhance the productive functions of forests (including wood and non-wood products).
3. Protect and enhance the biodiversity of forest ecosystems.
4. Moderately enhance and maintain the protective functions of forest ecosystems (especially water and soil).
5. Maintain other social and economic functions.
Hot product catalog
It's all in this catalog. Free to request.
Environmental Declaration-PEFC | Solid Wood Bookcase for Storage - Furniture Manufacturer | Slicethinner
Based in Taiwan since 1960, Slicethinner Manufacturing Company Limited has been a wooden furniture manufacturer. Our main solid wood furniture products include, living room round dining tables, bedroom storage cabinets and wardrobes, wooden drawers, office computer or executive desks, wall mounted wine cabinets, nightstands and bedside tables, wardrobes and closets, which are 100% produced using FSC certified wood.
Slicethinnner is a wood furniture manufacturers with over 60 years of experience.We have large selections of coffee table, side table, night stand, chest, shoes cabinet, book shelf, TV stand, console table, wine race, bar table, storage cabinet, dress table, shelf, wardrobe & bureau, desk & reading table. customized furniture is also welcome. Slicethinnner is a flat pack furniture manufacturer with over 60 years of experiences in Taiwan.We have large selections and designs of coffee table, side table, night stand, chest, shoes cabinet, book shelf, TV stand, console table, wine race, bar table, storage cabinet, dress table, shelf, wardrobe bureau, desk and reading table . OEM and ODM service is also available.
Slicethinner has been offering customers modern wood furniture, both with advanced technology and 62 years of experience, Slicethinner ensures each customer's demands are met.